Tuesday 27 March 2012

CULTURAL WORDS OF WISDOM

MARY MCLEOD BETHUNE.
Cease to be a drudge, seek to be an artist. 
I never stop to plan. I take things step by step.  
Invest in the human soul. Who knows, it might be a diamond in the rough.
The whole world opened to me when I learned to read.  
Without faith, nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.  
The drums of Africa still beat in my heart. They will not let me rest while there is a single Negro boy or girl without a chance to prove his worth. 
Knowledge is the prime need of the hour.  
We have a powerful potential in out youth, and we must have the courage to change old ideas and practices so that we may direct their power toward good ends. 
Whatever glory belongs to the race for a development unprecedented in history for the given length of time, a full share belongs to the womanhood of the race. 
I leave you love. I leave you hope. I leave you the challenge of developing confidence in one another. I leave you respect for the use of power. I leave you faith. I leave you racial dignity.  

Tolu Falode. 

No comments:

Post a Comment