Tuesday 13 March 2012

ROSA PARKS.
All I was doing was trying to get home from work.
Each person must live their life as a model for others. 
I would like to be remembered as a person who wanted to be free... so other people would be also free.
Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others.
Racism is still with us. But it is up to us to prepare our children for what they have to meet, and, hopefully, we shall overcome.
I'm tired of being treated like a second-class citizen. 
You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
I had given up my seat before, but this day, I was especially tired. Tired from my work as a seamstress, and tired from the ache in my heart.
I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear. 

Tolu Falode.

No comments:

Post a Comment